Our goal is to start building trust with you the first time you reach out to us. At the time of initial contact, we will discuss the general idea of your project and set a time for a formal estimate. Prior to the estimate, we will send you a questionnaire to fill out so we can start to better understand the scope of your project as well as your needs.
At the estimate, we will sit down and discuss what you are looking for, walk and measure the areas you want painted, and we will work on our proposal for you. We always take time to review what we do and how we do it, as well as educate you as best we can about the project at hand. We make it a priority to follow up with you after the estimate should you have any questions for us.
Our Preparation Steps
- Full power wash of the home's surface to clean and remove dirt & cobwebs
- Caulk all cracks where caulking has failed
- Replacement of rotten or warped boards
- Sand and prime areas that are chipping or peeling
- Scrape any loose or peeling paint that is no longer bonding to the surface of the exterior
- Caulk all nail holes where nails have sunk into the siding
- Apply wood putty to large gaps or holes in the trim or siding boards
- Detergent power wash to remove any mold or mildew, usually found on the north side of the house
- Masking off of roof, bricks, windows etc.
- All of the heavy furniture is moved to the center of the room and covered with plastic drapes
- The flooring is covered with paint-proof drop cloths
- Other valuables are covered or moved out of the way
- Major cracks in ceilings, walls, and trim are filled and caulked if necessary
- Walls and ceilings are prepared by patching up any holes or cracks
- Any chips or peeling on the trim is sanded and primed before applying paint
Decks & Fences
- Thorough power wash to clean the surface and open up the pores in the wood
- Areas that are oxidized (black) are sanded or wire brushed where necessary
- After sanding, the area gets cleaned off again by power wash or a wet rag or towel